companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, October 27, 2017

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf

What a crazy week at my house. Between fall break, some unknown mystery flu, someone reporting my blog as a threat on Facebook (again), a trip to the ER, being admitted into the hospital and released within two hours... who has time to think about menu plans? Aaargh. Is your life like this too? Who could even think about eating healthy? (ok a couple of days in there, I could barely think about eating at all. I will spare you the details)

So, since I am now working double time on the November Diner News, the Thanksgiving edition, I am going to share a recipe from the October issue. This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf lasted me many coffee breaks. I  made it to take to bible study when the rest of the ladies were eating doughnuts and cinnamon rolls. No deprivation at all. It is moist and chocolaty. A few fall spices just add to the deliciousness.



Granted, you need my baking mix to make this loaf. You should have that all the time. It makes muffins and cakes so much faster to put together. The combo of ingredients is so good. I remember my early days low carbing. Trying to cover the flavor of flax. Trying not to eat too many calories with almond flour treats. Never knowing the outcome with coconut flour or protein powder recipes. This blend works every time for me. Get the recipe here.

Ready to make this delicious fall treat? Just a couple details. You can use my home made chocolate chips. Recipe here. Or you can use those expensive sugarfree chips. Or you can decide to live with the possible intestinal effects of maltitol in the readily available Hershey's Sugarfree Chocolate Chips. If you tolerate them, these are the cheapest and easiest. You do what is best for you.  I left the bag on the counter and my son nibbled them out of the bag all evening. He never reported any tummy issues. But my husband and I have an embarrassing story to tell about the time we ate some sugarfree fudge at a Branson stageshow. Another story I will spare the details on.

On to the recipe:



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

This bread is moist and gooey with the chocolate chips. We love the spice and chocolate combination!
 
4 eggs
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup Swerve or erythritol / stevia blend equal to sugar
1 cup Master Baking Mix (either blend)
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup sugarfree chocolate chips


Combine egg, pumpkin, coconut oil and sweetener. Stir in baking mix, baking powder and spice. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into a parchment lined loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Test the center. When the center is set, remove from oven and let cool.

Cut into 12 slices. Each slice is 134 calories and 4 net g carb


 I promise now that I am feeling healthy again, I am cooking up a storm. Here it is 11 o 'clock on a Friday night and my house smells like smoked turkey and sweet and sour red cabbage. Having lost so many days this week, I have to miss my bible study girls tomorrow. Since I have to take photos when I have good lighting, I told them I was going on a turkey shoot.

You guys stay happy and healthy. The hectic holidays are coming. We got this!




Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends




No comments: