companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bacon Crusted Cheeseballs on a Stick

Like I always say. any food is more fun served on a stick. These are no exception. If you like cheeseballs, you will love these. If you are a fan of bacon, all the better! This is one of the recipes I am including in the May Diner News--an issue totally devoted to food on sticks. I have kabobs and skewers, appetizers, lunch picks and even dessert on a stick. It is an issue you will not want to miss. So much fun!

I have a big week coming up. Three days at convention will leave no time for cooking. Better have a plan! Then, we head out of town to see my sweet middle son graduate college with honors. I am so proud of his accomplishments, and happy that God has blessed him with such talent. He was artistic from his early days. He can make art out of anything pretty much like I can make a recipe out of most anything. Unless a job calls him away really soon, he will be moving back home full time. I love having my boys around, so I am really happy. Not that I don't want him to get a good job; I do. I would just prefer it be nearby his Mom.

These little cheeseballs on a stick would be perfect graduation party food. Maybe you have a graduate too? With all the cake and punch receptions, these would surely be appreciated.

Bacon Crusted Cheeseballs on a Stick

6 slices of bacon 
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
3/4 tsp garlic powder

Soften cream cheese. Fry bacon until crisp and set aside to cool. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, chives and garlic powder. Chill for 20-30 minutes. Crumble bacon. If using thick sliced, you may need to cut it with kitchen shears. Place the crumbles in a shallow small bowl. Using a scoop or spoon, roll a walnut sized ball of cheese. Coat it with bacon crumbles and set it on a plate. Repeat with the remaining cheeseball mixture. Place lollipop sticks or food picks into each cheeseball. Chill until serving time.

12 servings    163 calories   5 g protein   13 g fat    1.3 net carbs

If you are in a time crunch, you might use the packaged bacon crumbles, but ours with the thick chunks of bacon have wonderful flavor!


Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends


Order our books at: 


Love the recipes I share on this blog? My ebook helps you plan and prep to stay healthy 24/7.   http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

9 comments:

Ginny said...

These look wonderful Lisa! And congratulations on your son's graduation. I'm sure you're very proud of him.

Chelle B said...

These look so delicious and perfect for an upcoming graduation party or office potluck. Congrats to your son!

Carole said...

Hi there, this is a really nice post. It would be great if you linked to it in my Food on Friday series. Food on Friday – Bacon

Groceries Melbourne said...

Thanks for providing the recipe for Bacon Crusted Cheeseballs. I love to eat Bacon Crusted Cheeseballs. I am happy to find this awesome recipe.

Map of Ancient Greece said...

Another Smart post from you Admin :)

barb said...

These were very good!

Cindi said...

Y. U. M. !!!!

Amy said...

Hello, I was wondering if I could freeze these for grab and go snacks?

Blogger said...

There is shocking news in the sports betting industry.

It's been said that any bettor must watch this,

Watch this now or quit placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.