companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, September 18, 2015

Cranberry Turkey Patties

More for Cranberry Week. Today is a fun little turkey patty that will give you a jumpstart on the fall flavor profile we all love. At least my guys do. My middle son, Pearson, joined us for dinner on this one and gave me a big hug to thank me for dinner. He eats from a bachelor's kitchen other days!

This is another recipe I have developed using the unsweetened dry cranberries from Honestly Cranberry. Those little bags may not weigh much, but they go a long way! The tart flavor really comes through in these patties. I don't think a sweetened berry would be right. These are just so good with the unsweetened goodness. It is not overpowering, and works really well with the thyme and sage. My family laughed that it tastes like Thanksgiving dinner. The thyme, sage and cranberries are so reminiscent of a good stuffing.  I promise you, these patties are a lot less work! Don't know that I will convince my guys to give up our traditional bird, though. I would be willing.

Cranberry Turkey Patties

1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 small onion, diced
1 rib celery, diced
1/4 cup dried sliced cranberries
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp powdered sage
2 tbsp water

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Form into 4 patties and cook over medium heat on a sprayed non stick skillet about 3 minutes on each side. Add water and continue cooking until centers are no longer pink. 

Serves 4:  175 calories   3 net g carb

If you want to get a head start on fall favorites, head on over to Honestly Cranberry and order a couple of bags. I had tried to dehydrate my own cranberries from fresh, but they were like puffed little balls. These are better. And no, I did not get paid to say that...I only got to sample some product for you guys--and my guys.  Honestly Cranberry

Tomorrow I will have my final installment of Cranberry Week. I have a great new Dieter's Drink made with unsweetened cranberry juice and my favorite secret ingredient.

Get more great  low carb recipes at Low Carbing Among Friends.

 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

Order my original e-book or the latest version for couples and singles, A Table for Two here. 

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Just received my check for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can get taking paid surveys from home...

So I took a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for doing paid surveys.