companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, December 28, 2015

Jalapeno Popper Quiche Cups


These are a lunchbox favorite that I featured in the September issue of the Diner News. These would also be awesome for your New Year's Eve party, so I thought I should share the recipe now. Lots of folks love the popular jalapeno popper dip, but making or finding low carb crackers can be problematic. You could stuff a full jalapeno, but that is too hot for some. I love these little quiche cups. Not too hot like the full stuffed pepper would be, but delicious!

You can make them in regular muffin cups, or go mini. Even better for nibblers. Are you planning any special food for New Year's Eve? We are having friends over, so I am looking for some favorites for our table. Here's to the new year!

Jalapeno Popper Quiche Cups
6 strips bacon
4 oz Neufchatel cheese
8 eggs
1/4 cup cashew milk
4 fresh jalapeno peppers
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 tsp salt

Bake or fry bacon. Let cool. Break into pieces and line the base of 12 muffin cups. Warm cream cheese and spoon over the bacon in each cup.  In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cashew milk. Seed and dice 3 peppers and cut one into rings. Add the diced peppers to the egg mixture. Stir in shredded cheese and salt. Pour this mixture into 12 muffin cups. Top each with jalapeno slices. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serves 12. each cup  102 calories    1 g carb





Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends


 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious, but if this recipe is for 12 servings then one serving would be 1/2 muffin???? Don't think that's reasonable.

Lisa Marshall said...

That is one muffin cup each.

Unknown said...

I'm confused. At the beginning of the recipe instructions are "Break into pieces and line the base of 6 muffin cups." Later in the recipe instructions are to "Pour this mixture into 12 muffin cups" Are we going to have 6 muffin cups with bacon and 6 muffin cups without bacon?

Unknown said...

I too am confused. The recipe does mention both 6 muffin cups and 12 muffin cups. Please help clarify for us.

Lisa Marshall said...

You girls are so right. That is my bad. It is for 12 muffins. I sometimes test recipes using half the ingredients so I can try again and tweek later. That is the problem. Gor for 12 muffins with the bacon divided into 12 cups. I didn't convert correctly. Fixed the problem. Thanks for catching my mistake.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much. The recipe sounds perfect, and I definitely plan on trying it soon.

Unknown said...

Thank you. I'm planning to make these as soon as I go to the grocery store for jalapenos.

Beth Immonen said...

What could I substitute the cashew milk with? I live in a very small town and can't find it?
Thanks

Anonymous said...

You can probably substitute for any one of these.
Almond milk.
Heavy cream.
Coconut milk.

Personally, I'd use the heavy cream.

Unknown said...

If you read the note above the recipe it says you can use 6 regular muffin pan or the 12 mini muffin pan.

cruellalovely said...

The recipe does make 12 muffins...i had to read it again lol ...

cruellalovely said...

Oh I cannot Wai to make these they look wonderful mmmmmmm