I thought I would give you a little tour through the year, so you can easily see how much fun the Diner News was. Of course, if you don't subscribe already, now is the time to get what you have missed. Just head over to the web site. Just $6. That really is a bargain! Remember, most of these recipes are never shared on this blog or at the Low Carbing Among Friends. They are just for those who subscribe.
So let's get started. I will do the first half of the year on this post, and another in the next. There is just too much good stuff for one post!
January is the month for resolutions to be healthier. This month's theme was all about health food. Get your greens in.
- Learn to make Massaged Kale Salad, Green Superfoods Mint Chocolates and even Green Wraps.
- Explore the benefits of grass fed gelatin and make some Tropical Coconut Dessert, Spoonable Bulletproof Mocha, and Vitamin C Gummies.
- Get the most out of Coconut Oil and MCT oil. Learn to make your own Butter Blends, French Dressing, Peanut Butter Kisses, and my favorite: No Bake Blueberry Muffin Bites.
- Chia seeds will bring out the ancient warrior in you. Recipes include Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding, Chia Berry Jam and "Tastes Like Mounds" Snack Balls.
- Spices are well known healers. Enjoy some hot Turmeric Milk, or Turmeric Egg Salad. Enjoy ginger as a dipping sauce, and Cinnamon Almond Butter.
- Celebrate Tea Time with healthy teas. Learn about Oolong--it is better than you might guess. Make a healing Ginger Tea. Enjoy a cold drink that replaces soft drinks and also has ACV!
- Explore some true superfoods with a nutritional powerhouse breakfast jar.
- Finally, explore the gut healing properties of fermented food. Learn to make your own sauerkraut.
February was devoted to my true love--cheese! Every recipe inside this issue has cheese.
- Side dishes are ever popular. Try the Bacon Cauliflower Casserole or the Jalapeno Cheese Puffs.
- Entrees take center stage with Cheesy Crust Pizza, or White Chicken Lasagna.
- Get saucy with your own home made Velveeta-type cheese, a wonderful Feta Cheese Sauce for Steak, and a Light Cheese Sauce that is lower in calories.
- Get your snack on with Asiago Cheese Crisps or Feta Stuffed Olives. Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers and a yummy Salami Roll will be favorites too.
- Use Cottage Cheese to make Sweet Crepes, Layered Lemon Dessert and Blueberry Cheese Whip.
- Learn to make the classic French Omelet too..and discover great new cheeses you may have never tried before.
In March, you become the Casserole Queen or King.
- Grab some chicken and make a Chicken Fajita Casserole or Chicken Parmesan Casserole.
- Beef is the star with Beef, Bacon and Baga Bake or make an all beef frank Cow Doggy Bake.
- You will love Pork Sausage when it is served up as Italian Shirataki Bake or Unstuffed Pepper Bake.
- Veggies take the stage with Cheesy Amish Turnips or the lighter Green Beans with Caramelized Onion, Garlic and Cauliflower Sauce.
- Seafood casseroles are a hit with Ranch Tuna Casserole with Zoodles, Shrimp and "Grits" or Salmon Quiche.
- For Breakfast, you will love Jicama Hash Casserole, or Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas. You will also get a recipe to make waffles to use as a base for other breakfast casseroles like my Southwest Brunch Casserole.
April is a most popular issue. It is all about "Man Food" and the flavors are terrific.
- Move over TGI Fridays--try Jack's Frisky Whiskey Burger. Or how about the Ultimate Sriracha Barbecue Bacon Burger?
- Beef lovers will want to try Korean Beef or the Crockpot Phillies.
- Men love this chicken-- Beer, Bacon and Birdy Chimichangas and Sriracha Skewers.
- Meatza. Need I say more?
- Pork is the star with Beer Brined Country Ribs, Tennessee Pork Chops and Pulled Pork Popper Sandwiches.
- Bacon. Bacon Guacamole, Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf, Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Sweet Mustard, and of course, Bacon Jam.
- Grills are great. Beer Braised Brats, Buffalo Chicken Patties, and Hobo Dinners on the Grill.
- Even more beer: Beer Brat Cheese Chowder and Beer Braised Beef Chili.
May is dedicated to kitchen shortcuts, hacks and timesavers.
- Waffle Iron Rutabaga Hashbrowns, Cheater Hotcakes and Orange Power Juice.
- Learn veggie tricks for slicing and dicing. Massage your Kale and make awesome Mini Bell Pepper Nachos.
- Meatlovers get great ideas for Crockpot Minute Beef and Turkey, freezing techniques and Spiral Cut Hotdogs.
- Learn to lighten up dessert with Cashew Milk Ice Cream made in the food processor and Low Calorie Cake Mix.
- Learn some condiment hacks for better storage and make your own Mayo in a Minute and Low Carb Ketchup.
- Use that freezer. I share how to make Freezer Smoothies. Save money and time with tricks for shaker top veggies and ice cube tray condiments. You also learn how to have whipped cream puffs ready for any warm drink any time.
- Finally, make your own chocolate chips--sugarfree of course! Save so much money and use the sweeteners you like best.
June is a great issue for bakers. Everyone can benefit from a Baking Day. In this issue, I debut the Master Mix baking blends--two versions, and lots of recipes using them.
- Crockpot Zucchini Cake, Lemon Lover's Cake, and Short Time Strawberry Shortcake.
- Try a new version of Muffin in a Minute or Peanut Butter Muffins or Banana Chocolate Chippers.
- Bake some new breads like Italian Cheese Rolls, Pepper Cheese Waffles or Sausage and Cheese Loaves.
- Use the Master Mix to make Cheeseburger Pie and Taco Pie.
- Desserts are fantastic with a Strawberry Pie, Snickerdoodles and a Blueberry Crumble.
- Crackers are great to bake too. Enjoy three flavors. Sriracha, Ranch and Italian Cheese.
I will have the next installment later, so check back. Remember to go here to order via Paypal. Since the hubby is still unemployed, every bundle sold means a lot to us! Prayers appreciated.
Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends
Order any of our great cookbooks at http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php
Order my original e-book or the latest version for couples and singles, A Table for Two here.