companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, January 16, 2017

Chinese Red Pork--Because No Meal is an Accident




Last January, my Diner News gave you all sorts of ideas for planned leftovers. For instance, roast a large pork loin and then remake it three, four or even more times. Each time as a different flavor. That is the beauty of the Diner system. Afterall, no meal is an accident. Yes, I love that thought so much, I actually crafted a plate with the quote.

This particular idea calls for eating roasted pork loin once, fresh from the oven with traditional sides. Then, you have the opportunity to enjoy a French meal with Pork Loin Sauterne. Another meal is Pork Loin Italian Skillet. You might like the down home flavor of Twice Baked Pulled Pork. Soup is an option, with Chinese Noodle Soup. All the recipes are in the January '16 issue of the Diner News. But my favorite was the Chinese Red Pork--a sweet and spicy barbecue sauce you may have seen in restaurants.

Chinese Red Pork

If you are a fan of Chinese barbecue, with it’s sweet, red sauce, this is your answer. Forget the sugary sweet sauce you find in the restaurants, this is a very close flavor and is healthy!


2 tbsp water

2 tsp molasses
1 tsp sriracha sauce
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1/2 tsp orange extract
1/4 tsp Chinese 5 Spice powder
2 tbsp granulated erythritol /stevia blend
1/8 tsp red food coloring

Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Pan fry 12 ounces of pork slices in a non stick skillet. When hot, pour the sauce over the pork and stir to coat. Sauté an additional 5-10 minutes until the sauce begins to brown.

Serves 4:   183 calories  3 g carb

This is not a thick syrupy sauce, but a light coating. The wow factor comes with the bit of red food coloring. You can leave it out, but it makes the dish more fun. This dish is certainly nothing like the original roast, so no one will get bored. It is super fast too, and perfect alongside some stir-fried veggies. Dinner could not be easier.


Now, a little sneak peak to those other dishes I mentioned...




As I type, my hubby is putting together the 2016 Diner News Bundle. That means if you missed out on last January's issue, you can purchase the whole year of monthly newsletters for just $6. People keep telling me I should raise the price. But for now, get them for that original price. I really want to make these lifesaving ideas available and affordable. Yes, I do put a lot of work into them! Each has 8-10 pages of recipes, and each month is a different theme. Still coming up with new ideas here in our 8th year!  Go here to order. Get one year or a mega bundle of every year from 2010 on. Mega Deal!

Don't forget my e-books which outline the whole cooking and planning system. And the Low Carbing Among Friends Cookbooks which are simple the best of the best!

Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php


Order my original e-book or the latest version for couples and singles,  A Table for Two here.

4 comments:

Cheryl B. said...

I have subscribed to 24-7 Low Carb Diner Newsletter for years and absolutely love it. Your recipes are easy to make, use ingredients that are readily available, and you've done the hard work of testing them for me. They are always delicious and well received by my family. Thanks for a quality publication.

Lisa Marshall said...

Thanks so much for the kind words, Cheryl. They certainly are appreciated!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Made this with chicken tenders last night...awesome. :)

unter der laterne said...

Hi LIsa,
I am so excited to try all the wonderful recipes from 2016 . I just finished down loading it ! I feal like a thief because I only paid $ 6 for all of 2016 .
I love to cook with ground meats as you do and so I can not wait to get started !
Thank you so much for your generosity ! Barbara from California.