companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, August 16, 2010

Red Pepper Soup and Sausages


I am on complete overdose on these incredible red peppers. I have had them for two lunches and dinner, and I just got them yesterday afternoon. So delicious--and affordable this time of year.

I blogged about the stir fry yesterday. For today, I chopped one up and added it to a can of tuna with some Italian dressing. That was nice. For dinner, I had planned some Italian sausages. I just steam grilled those and made this soup. Oh, so good. Gorgeous too!

Red Pepper Soup

1 large or 1 1/2 small red bell peppers
1/2 onion
1 clove garlic
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
splash of cream

Finely dice onion and red pepper. I used my Ninja. Any food processor will work. Saute in olive oil with garlic until tender. Blend the tomatoes in the processor. Add in the tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmer for 15 minutes. For a smoother soup, puree everything again with an immersion blender. (I did not blend mine any further than the fine dice I used with the veggies.) Salt and pepper to taste and serve with a drizzle of real cream.


The flavors blended so well, This was very good...simple, yet wonderful taste. My carby boy ate his on garlic bread toasted with the soup served over as a sauce. So yummy I licked the pot clean.

1 comment: