Sunday, March 6, 2011
Peanut Butter for Lovers
Hi everyone! Has your weekend been as crazy as mine? Between shopping and kids home from college, big events with church and school, our life is nuts! No time to do my prep cooking today, but a salad bar at the local pizza place sure was yummy. We ate out three times this weekend which is almost unheard of for my clan. I have been feasting on Parmesan Chicken tenders, beef fajitas--sans the tortillas of course, and a big salad. Sometime Saturday, I had a craving for sweet, and I love peanut butter, so I took a minute to whip these up. Love, love, love 'em.
A minute is truly all the time it takes to throw together a sweet treat. Based on the coconut bark candies, this one leave out the cocoa powder, for a nutty treat. Here is all I did:
Peanut Butter Candy
1. Melt about 1/4 cup of coconut oil. I used refined for no coconut taste in this version, but I think the really good stuff would be wonderful too.
2. Stir in about 2 Tablespoons of natural peanut butter
3. Add some sweetener to taste. It is ok to stick that pinkie in to taste. I am having a hard time knowing how much sweetener I used, since I like a combo of sweeteners and just kept adding in a pinch until I found my sweet spot.
4. When it is all mixed together, pour into ice cube or candy molds. I obviously still had my heart shaped molds from Valentine's day nearby. But then, I am always a sucker for hearts and romantic stuff like that.
5. Chill and eat. If you are really suffering a craving, use the freezer, and they will set up in just a few minutes.
According to plenty of folk out there, a few tablespoons of coconut oil will actually help us to lose fat, so I don't even count three of these as cheats. Now warning. It is hard to stop eating. Be sure to hide these in the back of the fridge so you can't easily cruise by and commit a drive by snacking. That is deadly!