companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, August 12, 2013

Blueberry Poundcake Mini Doughnuts

Just another quick recipe to make in your mini doughnut appliance. You do have one, right? This is based on my usual recipe--the Coconut Flour Doughnuts in Low Carbing Among Friends I. It is a favorite around here. This one tastes extra vanilla, and similar to pound cake to me. Not really a pound of anything though. Just a small batch to make about a dozen small doughnuts.

Blueberry Poundcake Doughnuts

1/4 cup coconut flour
2 packets sweetener (4 tsp equivalent)
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 tbsp cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp liquid stevia (or equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar)
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
Frosting:
1 tsp cream
2 tbsp powdered erythritol blend

In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, sweetener packets, salt, and baking powder. Stir in the eggs, coconut oil, cream, vanilla, and liquid stevia. Stir to combine until lump free. If the chilled eggs and cream make the mixture too thick, just heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds until easily spoonable. Gently fold in the blueberries. Spoon batter into the cavities of the doughnut machine, making them nicely rounded on top. Bake for 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.

To make glaze, combine the cream and powdered erythritol. Spread it over the tops of the doughnuts.

Serves 4:  239 calories  3 net g carb




Flipping through the Low Carbing Among Friends Cookbook, I am reminded about how many amazing recipes are in these books. These are the top recipes from some pretty amazing cooks. If you don't have the whole collection, you are really missing out. Plus, there are always incredible new recipes linked up at the Among Friends FB page too.  No serious low carb enthusiast should be without this collection. There is a salt on right now, so head on over to www.amongfriends.us


 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

Order my original e-book or the latest version for couples and singles,   
  A Table for Two here.  

20 comments:

Robin said...

Do you know the nutritional breakdown? I really need calories and net carbs. Thanks!

Sara said...

These were pretty tasty! I substituted blackberries for the blueberries and half and half for the cream because this is what I had. I also used Splenda(no judgments please) for the sweetener. I would make these again! Thanks for the recipe!

Sara said...

I also forgot to mention that I baked these in a greased mini donut pan at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. It worked well! The second batch I made I increased the blackberries slightly, and they are too moist and some of them fell apart. Next time I will stick with 1/4 cup of berries.

Unknown said...

Is it asking too much to know the name or brand of your mini doughnut appliance, please?

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, those look soooo good, Lisa. I'm off all sweets right now, but sill definitely give these a go when I'm doing such lovelies again.

Noxie said...

wowza those do look yummy!

Lisa Marshall said...

Robin--I lost my Mastercook software for nutritional breakdowns when my computer was stolen last spring, and my free trial ran out. No funds at the moment for a new program, sorry.

Sarah--no judgments here. I use all kinds of sweeteners! But I know how you feel.

Jean, I have the machine from Bella.http://www.amazon.com/Bella-Cucina-13466-Donut-Maker/dp/B003NUV0T4 Look around, though. I have seen them at Macy's, Kohls, Target and more local stores even cheaper.

Gracie said...

Look so tasty Lisa. I would love to be able to try one but I am trying to be good haha

Anonymous said...

Lisa...I'm a donut nut so can't wait to try. Your readers shoukd check thrift stores for the Bella. The Ann Arbir Salvation Army usually have them for about $6 and never used much. Wipe on a diluted bleach solution, sponge off, you're good to go. I have followed you for a long time. You do a great job! --frank weir

Julie said...

Robin - You can enter the recipe using your ingredients into myfitnesspal.com to get accurate stats. Hope that helps :)

Anonymous said...

Pardon my ignorance ,but what is erythnritol? Good tray to all, thanks.

Felicia said...

I don't have sweetner packets. Could you please tell me what that measures out to be. Thanks!

Lisa Marshall said...

Most sweetener packet equal 2 tsp sugar

Charlene T said...

I have a twisty full size doughnut pan. serves 6. Any idea on time and temp to bake them off?

Anonymous said...

Did anyone ever determine the net carbs on these?

Anonymous said...

How many does this make? Would love the nutritional breakdown.

Anonymous said...

IF the servings are 6, the breakdown comes to 7 carbs each or 5 net carbs each. Ran it through the MFP calc.

Anonymous said...

How might you amend recipe if using a muffin tin? Not planning on buying a doughnut pan.

milkdud005 said...

Yum...I just made these in my babycakes pop maker...and these are delicious...love them...I was looking for a real tasting low carb donut..this is it...thanks!

Blogger said...

3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually kill fat by eating coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!