companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, February 1, 2015

White Chicken Lasagna

This is delicious. It is that simple.

Chicken, Cheese. More chicken. More cheese. then maybe a little more cheese.

This month at the Diner News, it is all about cheese, and this is a recipe I made last week. I made two, in the typical Diner make ahead style. Boy am I glad I did. The seasonal plague has finally caught up to me. I have the flu. Notwithstanding the fact that I witnessed the young lady who shared the bug with me get her flu shot a month ago. Yep that shot didn't help her and certainly didn't help me. It is great to have some extra dinners handy when you really don't feel up to cooking or even getting out of bed.

Last week, we ate the square dish. I know, lasagna isn't usually baked in a round dish, but you use what you have, right? Besides the end of the crumbles of feta cheese made this casserole the prettiest in the photographs. But this lasagna is so yummy, no one would mind if you served in an old boot.


White Chicken Lasagna

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cups cottage cheese
4 oz fresh spinach leaves, lightly chopped
1 egg
1 tsp minced garlic
1 lb roasted chicken deli slices
4 oz Tomato Basil Feta cheese , crumbled
8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese

Poach chicken breast in water until tender. Cool and shred. Prepare one large casserole dish or two smaller ones with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, egg, chopped spinach and garlic. Line the base of the dish(es) with a single layer of deli chicken slices. Top those with a thin layer of the cottage cheese mixture. Top that with some shredded chicken. Add a sprinkling of the feta cheese. Add another layer of deli slices. Top that with a sprinkle of Mozzarella. Alternate the remaining ingredients, varying the layers according to how many slices of chicken you have. Reserve a sprinkling of both cheeses for the top of the casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing.

Serves 8 generous portions:
322 calories  5 net g carbs


Want a sneak preview of some of the other cheesy goodies in this month's Diner News? Sure you do. If you want to order, go here:  http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com/html/newsletter.html

DIY  Velveeta

The Classic Gruyere Omelet

Microwavable Crepes filled with Blueberry Cheese Whip

Baked String Cheese Peppers

Cheesy Pizza Crust

 Feta Cheese Olive Bites

Bacon Cauliflower Casserole

Salami Roll

Feta Cheese Sauce for Steak


Plus a few more... If you love cheese like we do, you will not want to miss this issue.

Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

Order my original e-book or the latest version for couples and singles, 
                                                                A Table for Two here. 




12 comments:

LostInParadise said...

Where do you get tomato basil feta?

PMcmil5450 said...

This was very good! I think next time I'll use less shredded chicken and more cheese...not that the chicken necessarily needs to be reduced, but because I like more cheese!

Michele12265 said...

I made this today for dinner and my oh my... it is the bomb! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Sogol said...

Hi! I made this tonight and it is DELICIOUS! I made a few changes (poached the chicken in stock and added cayenne pepper because I like everything spicy) which went really well. I did have one question - should I precook the spinach? I found that when I let it bake, the fresh, raw spinach let off a lot of water. Didn't affect the taste at all, but just checking if I did it right! Thanks for a great dinner (and lunches for most of the week!!) :)

Lisa Marshall said...

Sogol, I used fresh. It does let off some moisture, but not a bother to me. You could pre-cook it and let me know. Lisa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooke Kauble said...

Walmart carries it in the deli by the specialty cheeses. Clear, rectangular plastic container with a green lid. Made by Athenos. If it's not there it'll be by the cheese in the dairy section. It's not too expensive & a little goes a long way. It's salty to me.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Do you happen to know what the fat content for a serving would be?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
buy provigil online said...


What a fabulous post. Reading your posts is now part of the day.They is very useful and informative in day to day life

liza said...

nice post