companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from the Blender

It is unseasonably warm here. I have a new blender. The two go together. How? Ice cream! Of course, you were thinking that. Look at that lovely bowl of pink goodness in the photo above. How wonderful that we were indulging in that here in February...and not shivering one bit.

The March Diner News is featuring appliance helpers in the kitchen. I will have two pages devoted to blender recipes. This one is so delicious, I can barely contain myself. The cream cheese makes it so creamy, yet the bit of lemon makes it just slightly tart. So GOOD! And it is quick and easy in the blender. No ice cream maker needed, and no waiting. Just a good soft serve ready when you are. Of course, you have frozen strawberries, right?

Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from the Blender



1/2 cup cashew milk
3 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup erythritol / stevia blend equal to sugar
3 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup ice cubes

Add ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Turn blender on, gradually turning up to high speed. Use the tamper to push down sides. When blender changes sounds, stop. Over processing will make a thinner ice cream. Serve immediately or freeze for a firm texture.

Serves 4:  116 calories    7.5  net g carb


I really should have garnished this ice cream for the photo. Granted, it is pretty enough to stand alone. Truth is, I ran to get photos before it melted. The flavor is so fantastic, it doesn't need a drizzle of chocolate or a sprinkle of coconut. Wonderful just as it is--unadorned beauty.


It has been a busy day. We set my oh so talented son. Pearson, up with a booth at the local antique and craft mall. He is offering his art for sale. I am so proud of his abilities! Just look at this sample. Some people thought it was my portrait. "I'm Sorry" to say that it is not me. I love it anyway. Very cool technique he uses. What a great guy he is.





Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

Order my original e-book or the latest version for couples and singles,  A Table for Two here.



21 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looking forward to trying this!

You son is amazingly talented....WOW!!!

Unknown said...

Can you use something instead of Cashew milk? Getting it locally is a challenge...

Unknown said...

When I first saw this recipe, I don't know what happened but it took the paramedics 3 hours to get the grin off of my face. Our blender apparently was broken, so we just went to Walmart to get a Hamilton Beach smoothie blender. The ingredients are being assembled as I speak! I await...

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

Your son has a special gift. You have a reason to be proud. The picture you posted looks so much like you.

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

Your son has a special gift. You have a reason to be proud. The picture you posted looks so much like you.

Lisa Marshall said...

Alas, the portrait is Adele. But I am flattered!

Unknown said...

Did you get an answer? Has anyone tried almond milk instead?

Unknown said...

Did you get an answer? Has anyone tried almond milk instead?

Unknown said...

No, I didn't get an answer.....and I haven't tried almond milk......still kind of waiting to see what was suggested.... :)

Lisa Marshall said...

Almond milk and cashew milk are generally interchangeable. I haven't tried it, though. Add a few more calories. Cashew has 25 per cup.

Unknown said...

Almond/Coconut milk?

Unknown said...

Have anyone tried with coconut milk instead?

Unknown said...

Have anyone tried with coconut milk instead?

Lisa Marshall said...

I will be testing a similar version with coconut this week for the upcoming Diner News. I will let you know.

KdonnRN said...

I just knew it was Adele. I aim going to purchase a new ninja. Then I will try your recipe. Thanks.

ncredbird said...

I entered this into my MasterCook recipe program to save and it came up with WAY more carbs per serving than the numbers posted. It is usually very close so I was surprised with the results. Sounds delicious though.

Lisa Marshall said...

I don't count sugar alcohol carbs in my recipes. Mastercook probably does, as do some entries foR Swerve in My Fitness Pal. That is probably the cause.

ncredbird said...

I believe the stored info in the program for the frozen strawberries contained sugar. I tried replacing the ingredient with fresh strawberries that had been previously frozen and the carbs came out nearly identical to yours. MasterCook figures both the carbs and fiber so that wasn't the issue. I apologize for sounding a false alarm. I will definitely give this recipe a try! Thank you for the quick response.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about carbs too, as I had saved the recipe in amyFitnessPal, and came up with about 30.

Lisa Marshall said...

i used My Fitness Pal also. Be sure to have a 0 carb sweetener, non sweetened nut milk and frozen strawberries that have no sugar added.My fitness pal varies a lot, so you really have to check each ingredient.

Anonymous said...

I use almond milk and it is delicious!!!