companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vodka Sauce with Chicken


A while back I blogged about this Muir Glen Sauce. Now I have found another! This one too came from Big Lots, but I sure hope I can find it somewhere else too. Found this one looking for the last one. I got the last bottle of it, and decided to try this one --Organic Vodka sauce--too. It has a couple more carbs, but the taste! Oh my, this is soooooo good. Inside there is cream, ricotta cheese and Parmesan. So yummy it is worth the extra carbs. I would have found them adding in the cheese anyway. I hope this product isn't discontinued, but I couldn't find a photo online for you, so that scares me. Why do all the good low sugar finds seem to disappear? Maybe we need to get Mrs. Obama to request them!

Tonight I served it with chicken tenders. Very flavorful and easy. Just put some frozen tenders in the skillet with the sauce and simmer until done. Easy. For a side, garlic buttered broccoli is superb. This meal makes a mom a weekday hero.

2 comments:

Vegan.Bohemian said...

Yum! That sounds and looks WONDERFUL!!! =D

Low Carb Daily said...

You know, Big Lots seems to have the BEST sauces... Love this recipe!