companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, December 8, 2008

George is a Verb , part one


I got a new George Foreman grill for my birthday. This one is really big, so it will hold lots of chicken breasts. That makes life so easy when I am preparing Chicken cubes for the freezer or cooking a chicken Multiply Meal. How did our grandmothers live without these?

My favorite way to use George's grill is for Chicken a la George. I have 20 variations in the e-book. It is available here http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com/index.html

Here's how it works. Slap those frozen birdy breasts on the grill. Then decide your "decorations." Need something hearty? Add a few slices of bacon to the chicken on the grill. When it is done, top with cheese and you have the "Baconeater." Feeling sophisticated? Quickly saute some mushrooms in butter and a splash of cooking sherry. I call that the Shroom. May you yearn for something more exotic. While the chicken grills, mix together some yogurt, lemon juice, oregano and a good measure of feta cheese. Ooh, the Greek is to die for!

Just add a salad. (I know you prepped that on the weekend, so it is ready to go) Now you can dine in about 10 minutes time. Thanks, George.

I'll share some ideas for using the grill for Chicken cubes in my next post.

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

great ideas! We just have a regular sized George, but I think I will try some of these! We were just talking about getting the George out of the cabinet last night. (it was put up for the winter, since we used the Michael over the summer. heehee)