companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Legal New Year's Eve

I really didn't want to go to the grocery store today, so I stayed with my theme of inventing new recipes. Tonight is New Year's Eve and my family and guests will get to feast on these little beauties. I happen to adore honey mustard...especially with ham. I diced the leftover honey kissed ham we had from Christmas Eve dinner, and this is what I ended up with. While these have no honey, they definitely are "kissin" cousins.

Honey Kissed Ham Mini Quiches

2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
8 eggs
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup cream
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon hickory salt
1/4 cup prepared mustard
1/3 cup Splenda or equivalent sweetener

Dice the ham. I chopped mine coursely then used an immersion blender on the batter. You may choose simply to chop the ham finely.

Add the remaining ingredients and blend well. Spoon into mini muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.


These would be really good for breakfast too.

1 comment:

NeeCee said...

Looks like I am going to have to buy some mini muffin tins. Gary LOVED them!!