companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, December 6, 2010

Almond Amaretto Coffee



It is cold here! The former carby boy and I were out putting up Christmas lights this evening. I was glad there was a bit of leftover coffee from this morning. I have been researching how to make my own home made flavored creamers and or individual coffee packets for my coffee press--more on that later. I will get it perfected soon.

But in the mean time, I found this flavoring online. Then, I actually managed to find it at my local Food Pyramid store. Flavour Creations makes tablets which will go into any cup of coffee. They are only slightly sweetened, so you can add your sweetener of choice. They do have a tiny bit of bulking material to make up the tablet, but they are still listed as 0 calorie, 0 fat, less than 1 gram of carb per serving. I can do that.

Gotta tell ya, if you like Amaretto Cappuccinos, you will like this! I added one tablet and some real cream. I am in dessert coffee heaven, even though the coffee was from earlier today. It totally took away any interest I had in cooking dinner. Yes, I am doing that anyway.

One package has 48 tablets, using one per cup of coffee. The container is great to go into a purse, lunch bag or briefcase. One of these would make a cup of office joe taste like a coffeehouse treat! My store sold the tablets for $3.59. Pretty good deal. The flavors were limited there--besides the Amaretto, they had French Vanilla and Hazelnut. The company lists Dutch Chocolate, Caramel, Irish Cream and White Chocolate Raspberry as well. I was really hoping for their Cinnamon Pecan flavor, but couldn't find it. These can be ordered online through Amazon, but my first glance through looked like I would have to order 6 packages.

I am thinking these might be useful to flavor protein shakes and smoothies too. Maybe even some low carb ice cream or puddings. I may have to try that and get back to you!

Now back to dinner--Turkey Red Sauce over steamed cauliflower, topped with lots of cheese! Coffee cup is empty and that is sounding good again!

No comments: