companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Maple's Link Sausages


One of my favorite recipes in the Diner e-book is for Maple's Meatballs. I love sweet flavors blended with salty savory ones. Today, I made a big batch to use three different ways. I made some as meatballs as usual. These are a great appetizer for parties. I am putting some in the freezer to bring back out for Christmas Eve. If I don't hide them in there, these will be nibbled away by this afternoon!

Also, I made some into link sausages and small patties. Those we had with breakfast the traditional way with scrambled eggs. After I got tired of rolling and shaping meat patties, I browned the rest. I am planning to use it in a simple breakfast bake with eggs and coconut flour, much like the one I made with bacon the other day. I think I will sweeten that one up a little more. I'll let you know how that goes.

Now I am off to finish up some crafting I am doing for gifts this year. I am hoping to try out some new holiday treats too. I wonder just how much I can squeeze into one day? Enjoy the season, everyone.

No comments: