companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cream Cheese and Turkey Scramble and Prep Day


I love scrambles. They are so quick and good for any meal. Today it was brunch. We went to church last night, so that makes Sunday morning a slower pace for us. My boys had the same scramble on bagels, so no cooking several meals to please every diet in the house. This is so tasty, though, who needs bread? I just scrambled the eggs and deli turkey and topped them with the chive flavored cream cheese spread. This has to be the quickest scramble of all time.

With that short venture into the kitchen, that I won't be too stressed out doing my prep day for the week. Today I am putting together some Chinese Chicken for our Triple Play meal. For our breakfasts, I am going to experiment with some Turkey Bacon cups. I'll let you know how those turn out.

This afternoon, hubby has promised to fire up the grill. I will throw some extra burger patties his way. Yes, we even freeze pre-cooked burgers. They are so nice to have around for lunches. You do lose a little flavor and texture, but if you look at the Burger Bonanza section of the e-book, there are lots of ideas of toppings that will make them special. Not to mention, the gourmet flavors keep you from getting in a burger rut.

And sometime today, I need to fit in doing our taxes and working on the March Newsletter for the Diner. Better run!

No comments: