companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pizza Crust Burger Buns?


Yep, pizza crust becomes hamburger buns. Not so strange when you know the ingredients are cheese, egg and coconut flour. Today's buns are really pretty versatile. Add pizza toppings and you get personal pan pizzas. Add grilled onions and a burger patty, and you get the Unjun Burger from the Burger Bonanza section of the cookbook.

Because the dough is sticky, I use my muffin top pan which makes the right size bun. But if you don't mind getting a little sticky, you can roll the dough into a ball, then press it down on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Either way, they are pretty tasty. Just another Diner secret to get more than one meal from a single effort in the kitchen.

Addendum: Some of you want the recipe for these versatile buns/crusts. The idea is in the e-book. I would really love it if you could hop over there and buy that, But since I have changed it a tiny bit since then, I will go ahead and post it here. But by all means, if you like my recipes, please consider purchasing the entire plan. For the buns, I double this recipe and use my muffin top pan to get 6 buns.

Cheesy Crust/Buns: To make a small pizza crust, blend 1 egg, one cup grated cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese and a Tablespoon of coconut flour. Spread a circle on parchment paper very thinly and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until browned.

4 comments:

Joan said...

That sure does look good. I wish I were closer so I could invade your kitchen for one of those burgers!!!

Ginny said...

Wow! That looks great!

Anonymous said...

Can we have the recipe for the pizza crust burger buns, please?

Kahri said...

just the pictures make my mouth water.