companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Donuts


My donut recipe is pretty versatile. This morning, I opted for a chocolate version. So delish, if I do say so myself. I simple added some cocoa powder to the batter, and used chocolate flavored stevia for part of the sweetener. To make them extra rich, I used some real unsweetened chocolate for the glaze. Oh my.

The recipe for the plain coconut flour gems is in the March newsletter. Here is the chocolate version for when the mood hits.

Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Donuts
This is one of the recipes included in my new cookbook project, Low Carbing Among Friends.
This recipe is available in the book, along with over 60 additional 24/7 Low Carb Diner recipes. By ordering the book, you get more than 300 favorite gluten free recipes from four other well known low carb cooking experts…Jennifer Eloff of Splendid Low Carbing cookbook fame, Kent Altena, the Atkins Diet Geek and You Tube star, nutritionist and author Maria Emmerich of Maria’s Nutritious and Delicious Journal, and popular blogger and food stylist, Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food. Unlike any other cookbook you may own, this one is a compilation of mini cookbooks featuring the talents of these well known low carbers. Think of it as a “best of” project.
Low Carbing Among Friends also features recipes from numerous other talented low carbing friends and recommendations from the medical community who recognize the health benefits of low carb, gluten free living. To preorder your copy, visit http://www.amongfriends.us The official release date is 11/11/11, so pre-order now for a discount.




Sorry my sweetener measurements are so vague today. I didn't think I would be blogging these this morning since I have been having trouble getting my donut pan to release the goodies lately. Baker's Joy to the rescue, and all but one released today with just a little persuasion on my end. Sweetener measurements and preferences are such a personal thing anyway. It is hard to know how much everyone else prefers. My advice is just to be brave and taste the batter. I knew I wanted the chocolate donuts sweeter than the plain ones, so I just tasted as I went. I don't feel too bad when I see Chef Ramsey doing that too.

If you aren't having a great day, these will make you feel better.

1 comment:

Joan said...

You really know how to make a girl hungry.....these look delicious!