companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Mac Attack Burger


The hubs grilled out today. Love that man! He knows I am in a bad mood and wanted to give me a break in the kitchen. Not that he shouldn't be in a bad mood too. My car broke down for the third time in two weeks. All three different problems too. No wonder I am a grouch. We just paid the repair bill of over $500, and that was with the work done at a discount...if not free. (It is good to have friends, yes?) This time, it is still road worthy, but ummm... I will have to be desperate to get somewhere. The air conditioning went out. That is bad news during summers in Oklahoma. Worse, two of the windows do not roll down. That is just downright mean, and brings us to a family with 5 vehicles, none of which have working air. I tease my hubby that he is road rage man, but if I have to drive in a 130 degree car, I am betting I would become road rage woman in no time! Yes, we do make a habit of driving clunkers. Getting out of debt is more important than having a good car! Sometimes, it is no fun, though. I am thinking this will be my summer of being a hermit. Good news is, I will have more time in the kitchen. Bad news is, I may never have groceries.

So on to the comfort food. The guilty pleasure of a McDonald's Big Mac. The taste is all there. Now if you are having a Mac Attack too, and don't have any secret sauce, here it is. Guiltfree.

Mac Attack Sauce

2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
1 teaspoon low sugar ketchup
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 packet sweetener

Stir it all together and spoon it over a burger.


I ate my double patties over lettuce, and added cheese slices, sliced onion and some bacon crumbles. Better than the real thing.

2 comments:

Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Oh Lisa, that sounds like a real trial. We also have a bunch of old cars and, well, it's always work it seems.

Your burger looks amazing. My son has been having Angus burgers at McDonald's and he thinks they are so good. Methinks I will try this sauce on his burger and make some homemade healthier buns for him. :)

Anonymous said...

What is the calorie/carb content, etc?