companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Among Friends Thursday - Kent's Low Carb Taco Bake

It's funny. I almost want to call this Ken's Upside Down Taco Bake. It is really similar to my Mexi-Burger Casserole in the e-book. Ken makes a base of egg and cheese. I pour mine over the top. But the taste? Just about the same! You know we liked this casserole, since I have one similar and liked it enough to include in my book.

I really do love Mexican food. What I hate is going to a restaurant and sitting on my hands to avoid the tortilla chips constantly shoved under my nose. We went to lunch with some missionary friends from China last week. They were craving Mexican food--somehow it is rare over there! I surely would never ask them to give up those freshly fried chips and home made salsa. I had a great fajita meal on the way, but the waiting was terrible. That is why eating at home is so much better. No tortilla chips to tempt me. With this dish, you get all the same tastes, without the carbs! Kent compares this casserole to taco pizza. Those are not my favorite, but I really liked this. Very satisfying. You can find it on page 294 of the Low Carbing Among Friends Cookbook. What? You don't have that yet? Just click on the book on the sidebar and get yours. They really are a huge bargain when you see the multitude of recipes in there. Every one I have tried is a winner!

4 comments:

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

This is one of the first recipes I made from the cookbook. We loved it! I added shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa and jalapenos. It was great!

Kent said...

I am glad you liked the recipe, Lisa. That is one of the mainstays or fallback recipes that I like. It is just simple and easy for a weekday dinner that I don't have particular motivation to make.

liam broadbent said...

I love mexican food so I will have to give this a try.

Valentine said...

I made the Low Carb Taco Bake last night and we loved it!!!
I really love the Low-Carbing Among Friends Cookbook!