companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

No wings.   No beer. No real celebration of the Super Bowl here tonight.  All my guys are off partying elsewhere. Still, we are more about wedding prep these days anyway. Now that the house is quiet we just don't feel much like partying and more like relaxing. Getting old, I suppose.

I am woefully behind on my weekend prep, opting today to make a big family lunch instead. Plus, I missed grocery shopping in favor of finding out what my kids have registered for to fill their new love nest come March. Bad me! I do have a pot of soup on for tomorrow and we have some leftovers. The freezer stock will come in handy this week.



I seemed to have an over abundance of cauliflower. Some went in the soup, and the rest went to this fun snack. Now that I am off the Whole 30, I can have my favorite blue cheese dressing again.  I have seen several recipes on Pinterest for Buffalo Cauliflower. I found this one at Closet Cooking, and headed into the kitchen to roast some cauliflower. I didn't have Frank's hot sauce, so  my cauliflower is not as orange as some. Mine had a chile lime flavoring that is delish. I added a little extra vinegar that it was lacking over traditional hot sauce. It is close and yummy. Tonight, instead of being a sports theme, I will munch on these while watching Downton Abbey. Not exactly English fare, but who cares?

2 comments:

Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Congrats re your son and your new daughter-in-law. We have a similar situation going on. Jon is married. End of March they move into their new love nest. :)

Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

P.S. We've just finished watching the final Downton Abbey episode. I was in shock!! Can't wait for the next season! I am so addicted.