companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Asian Coleslaw


My friend and fellow Diner, NeeCee, asked for some salad dressing recipes. I have shared a few in the past, and have had some dismal failures that never made it into the blog or newsletter. This recipe is a new one I just tried today. This dressing is inspired by a find in Bon Appetit. I tweaked it a bit to our tastes, and wow! I love it. It is made into a coleslaw, but would be equally as good over a bok choy and napa cabbage salad.

Unlike most coleslaws, which are based from mayo or oil, this one uses peanut butter. Who doesn't love that? I used two Tablespoons of creamy and three tablespoons of chunky peanut butter, because I love little bits of nut in my salad. This one should be assembled fresh, though. I don't think it would hold too well. I think I would classify this recipe as an "E.Z. Fix" recipe. For a complete meal, it would be especially good as a "Freezer Favorite" with some Chicken Cubes thrown in too.

Asian Coleslaw
This is one of the recipes included in my new cookbook project, Low Carbing Among Friends.
This recipe is available in the book, along with over 60 additional 24/7 Low Carb Diner recipes. By ordering the book, you get more than 300 favorite gluten free recipes from four other well known low carb cooking experts…Jennifer Eloff of Splendid Low Carbing cookbook fame, Kent Altena, the Atkins Diet Geek and You Tube star, nutritionist and author Maria Emmerich of Maria’s Nutritious and Delicious Journal, and popular blogger and food stylist, Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food. Unlike any other cookbook you may own, this one is a compilation of mini cookbooks featuring the talents of these well known low carbers. Think of it as a “best of” project.
Low Carbing Among Friends also features recipes from numerous other talented low carbing friends and recommendations from the medical community who recognize the health benefits of low carb, gluten free living. To preorder your copy, visit http://www.amongfriends.us The official release date is 11/11/11, so pre-order now for a discount.


I have been trying out a Raspberry Vinaigrette, but I managed to get another sick kitchen appliance. My brand new immersion blender, fresh from the box, refuses to work at all. Guess I have another trip to the store. Hopefully I can squeeze in that and the rest of my prep day recipes too. I'll post that one when I get it all done!

2 comments:

NeeCee said...

This recipe is printed and in my notebook. I can't wait to see the others.

Lisa Marshall said...

Until I get a blender to work, the raspberry is just a soup of oil and berries. yum!