companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Candy Cane Latte


It is so hot! I wanted something soothing and cool. I happen to still have some Christmas flavors from Celestial Seasonings; I stock up in November. This morning, I made a cup of double strength candy cane tea. Once it was cool, I added about 1/4 cup of cream, sweetened it with my liquid sucralose and added some ice cubes. All this went into my new blender. I added a drop of red food coloring just to make it pretty, but that is optional. Now I am enjoying a really refreshing summer drink. If you want it even thicker, make up the tea and freeze it in an ice cube tray before blending. Mmm...

Now on to an afternoon of crafting. I am making awards for the student actors in the film project my youngest son is in. The premiere is Saturday, and we are all very excited to see the student version of Lord of the Rings. Stay cool!

No comments: