Sunday, January 24, 2010
The Chili Plan
Sometimes, when you make a really large pot of something, the leftovers get boring. Not so with a pot of chili. This week I made a pot of 24 Hour Crockpot Chili. We have enjoyed it several different ways.
1. Simple Bowl of Red. Of course it is good straight from the bowl with some diced onion and a sprinkle of cheese.
2. Chili Salad. This one is in the photo. Just layer some salad greens in a bowl. Reheat some chili and pour it over the top. Add your favorite toppings. I crisped a low carb tortilla in the oven to make this salad more like a taco salad.
3. Chili Omelet. Make an omelet as usual, but fill it with chili and cheese. So good any time of day!
4. Vegetable Chili Soup. Make a veggie soup with whatever you have in the fridge. Chop, simmer with a can of beef broth, then add in a few scoops of chili to make a great taste addition.
5. Chili Mac. If you can eat Dreamfield's pasta, cook up some and then add a cup of chili and some cheese. You will think you are a kid again.
6. Chili Dogs. Super quick lunch. Heat some good quality dogs. Add some chili to the plate and drizzle with mustard. Who needs a bun, this is the good stuff.
7. Coney Dog Casserole. Find that recipe here.
8. Chili on Waffles. Another Diner special. See that recipe here.
9. Chili Cheeseburgers. Ladle the chili over a good grilled burger. Mmm.
If you don't like that many ideas for chili, you can always freeze the leftovers.