companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chocolate Kahlua Cream


This has been a busy week, and I messed up my own menu plan. I was supposed to get a crockpot meal going this morning, but I got busy packing more lunches than usual. My youngest son and I were at a film shoot most of the day. His usual filming day is Monday, and I just forgot about the crockpot. After we dragged home in the heat, and he had stripped of the remnants of his Legolas costume, I went to the kitchen for a cool drink and discovered my mistake. Definitely no dinner in the pot. Improv time.

So, tonight turned into pizza night for me and my guys. I promise they don't mind. We just bought that giant pack of pepperoni from Sams, and my crust goes together really quickly. After pizza and salads were happily digesting, I had time to play with another of last Monday's finds from Old Time Pottery. These cute tiny demitasse cups were only a quarter. When I saw them on the shelf while I was looking for shot glasses, my mind immediately went to my Toffee Cheesecake Pudding altered to be coffee flavored. That is what I tried tonight. This pudding is so rich, you don't need much to satisfy a sweet craving, and the small cups are the perfect size. The recipe makes enough for 4 small servings. I divided mine into 5 since all the boys are home. It also looks cute in the shot glasses as a dessert shot. The recipe couldn't be easier--

Chocolate Kahlua Cream

This is one of the recipes included in my new cookbook project, Low Carbing Among Friends.
This recipe is available in the book, along with over 60 additional 24/7 Low Carb Diner recipes. By ordering the book, you get more than 300 favorite gluten free recipes from four other well known low carb cooking experts…Jennifer Eloff of Splendid Low Carbing cookbook fame, Kent Altena, the Atkins Diet Geek and You Tube star, nutritionist and author Maria Emmerich of Maria’s Nutritious and Delicious Journal, and popular blogger and food stylist, Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food. Unlike any other cookbook you may own, this one is a compilation of mini cookbooks featuring the talents of these well known low carbers. Think of it as a “best of” project.
Low Carbing Among Friends also features recipes from numerous other talented low carbing friends and recommendations from the medical community who recognize the health benefits of low carb, gluten free living. To preorder your copy, visit http://www.amongfriends.us The official release date is 11/11/11, so pre-order now for a discount.


Christian, my Legolas, calls this a "Masterpiece: mocha richness in a cup." I bet girls would like it even better.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Oh my goodness... this sounds amazing!! Do you know where to buy Davinci syrup? I can't find it in my Stop and Shop.

Lisa Marshall said...

I but it at Sam's Club, although they don't always have this flavor. If you can't find it there, try Netrition online. They sell all the flavors.
http://www26.netrition.com/davinci_syrups_page.html