companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, May 1, 2009

Personal Pizzas Even a Carby Could Love



It is pizza night at our house. With only three home tonight, I chose to make personal pizzas using my muffin top pan. The crust I experimented with tonight is one of the best I have ever made. You can easily pick this crust up with your hands to eat it, yet it is thick like a hand tossed pizza. Although it uses soy flour, with all the added ingredients, I couldn't discern any aftertaste at all. It was really easy to put together too!

Lisa's Personal Pizza Crust
This is one of the recipes included in my new cookbook project, Low Carbing Among Friends.
This recipe is available in the book, along with over 60 additional 24/7 Low Carb Diner recipes. By ordering the book, you get more than 300 favorite gluten free recipes from four other well known low carb cooking experts…Jennifer Eloff of Splendid Low Carbing cookbook fame, Kent Altena, the Atkins Diet Geek and You Tube star, nutritionist and author Maria Emmerich of Maria’s Nutritious and Delicious Journal, and popular blogger and food stylist, Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food. Unlike any other cookbook you may own, this one is a compilation of mini cookbooks featuring the talents of these well known low carbers. Think of it as a “best of” project.
Low Carbing Among Friends also features recipes from numerous other talented low carbing friends and recommendations from the medical community who recognize the health benefits of low carb, gluten free living. To preorder your copy, visit http://www.amongfriends.us The official release date is 11/11/11, so pre-order now for a discount.


I served ours with a green salad. I used the leftover pizza red sauce to make a quick tomato vinaigrette dressing. To counter the tang of the vinegar, I dressed the salad with half of the tomato dressing and half of a creamy blue cheese. The taste was sophisticated and surprisingly good. My men are die hard ranch fans, so they wouldn't even try the salad dressing. That's alright, they loved the pizza.

No comments: