companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dessert, 0 carb, 0 calories!


Busy day, even though I have been home all day. Went to church last night, so I thought I would have time to get all my chores done. Wrong. I had to get this month's newsletter completed and ready to mail out. Check on that one. You who have the e-book or newsletter subscription should have yours in your inbox now. It is filled with fun recipes that use only three ingredients. How Simple! I included new Multiply Meals, several recipes just for chicken, some super yummy vegetable dishes and even some quicky desserts.

I had a visit from my niece today, along with her little son, who is going on three. He and my golden retriever really hit it off. I think I have nearly forgotten what a bundle of energy little ones are. To think I once had three little blond boys under 5! Hard to remember considering that those are the same boys that just emailed some college papers for me to proofread for them. Check. That is done too. Just covered a rebuke to atheism and a paper on liberty vs. government protection. Fun stuff.

Now, the sun is setting, and I still haven't gotten to filling out the FAFSA--the government forms for financial aid in college. My oldest is considering going to grad school, so I have two sets to complete. On top of that, I need to get more of my kitchen prep work done today. John was a dear and cooked out a bit. That is a huge help. But now, instead of cooking, here I sit drinking a cup of hot tea. Can you spell procrastinate? It also didn't help having the USA-Canada hockey game on. Pooh.

The tea however, is a story unto itself. This is the most decadent tea I have ever tasted. I swear it is dessert in a cup--even without my normal cream. Try this if you have a sweet tooth. No calories, no carbs. Lipton Vanilla Caramel Truffle Tea. It has a new tea bag which is actually shaped like a tiny pyramid. They say this enables the flavors to flow through better. What ever it does, this is the most uniquely flavored tea around. It really lives up to the taste, even with one bag in a medium sized mug. If your friends are eating desserts you can't have, delight in a cup of this stuff, and you won't feel like you are missing out on anything. (except maybe a bigger bootie!) I've been longing for warmer weather, but with this tea, maybe not. A hot cup can have its own appeal.

8 comments:

Kahri said...

I will have to try it! I love yummy flavored tea! Where is Andrew thinking of going for grad school?

Lisa Marshall said...

He is hoping to stay at JBU. It may depend on the job market.

T2Nashville said...

Lisa - I'm just wondering how this tea can be made with "real pieces of caramel" as advertised on the box, and yet still have 0 calories and 0 carbs? Strange!

Lisa Marshall said...

I am thinking we might have to get our the magnifying glass to find that caramel. I certainly didn't spot any among the tea leaves. The flavor is there though, and I don't think the minimal amount of flavoring is going to hurt too much. Much better than a gooey real caramel.

Unknown said...

Yum! I put it on my grocery list!

T2Nashville said...

I just bought a box of this over my lunch hour at Publix. Lisa is right! This stuff is like dessert in a cup. I don't like hot tea, so I poured mine over ice and added some Splenda. YUM! Oh, and the ingredients state "caramel powder," whatever that is. Oh, well, it's just good!

Lisa Marshall said...

I will have to try this iced. And yes, adding some sweetener is essential. I tried it without, but it just wasn't dessert then!

Anonymous said...

that tea looks yummy I'll have to get some of that!