companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beefy Ranch Rolls



Beef. It is what's for dinner! This has been a hectic week for me--full of scheduled business and a few surprises too. Even though I didn't get all my prep day work done, with a few ingredients in my well stocked freezer, I don't need to panic. And no, I don't have an extra freezer, just the side by side in the kitchen. It can be done!

This delicious dinner was made on the fly after I celebrated being hired for a new teaching position next fall. My interview ran late, but since I had Minute Beef in the freezer, dinner was on time. Here is what we ate tonight:

Beefy Ranch Rolls

1 package Minute Beef
2-3 Joseph's Lavash Bread
1/2 cup cheese for each sheet of bread (I used mozzerella tonight)
Bacon Ranch Dressing

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place Lavash bread on cookie sheets. Thaw Minute Beef in the microwave oven. When warm, distribute the beef over the bread. Top with cheese. Drizzle bacon ranch dressing over all. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until cheese melts and Lavash begins to brown. Don't let it get too crispy on the edges. Remove from oven and cut each Lavash bread into 3 strips. Roll each strip into a spiral.


We ate this with Nana's Coleslaw with a Kick. Everyone here gave these rolls a big thumbs up.

5 comments:

NeeCee said...

Congratulations! I knew you would get it; no one else on earth could do a better job.

Dinah said...

man, those look GOOD!!! What is the steak stuff you speak of????

Lisa Marshall said...

"Minute Beef" is what I call the precooked ground chuck that I keep on hand in the freezer. It makes meals go together so fast!

Sandy said...

What is Lavish Bread? How many carbs and where can I buy it?

It looks delish!!! Found your blog on Stella Style. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Marshall said...

Lavash bread is thin, yet soft. I love it--so much better than low carb tortillas. Half a large sheet is a serving. That is 7 carbs and 3 grams fiber, so 4 carbs if you subtract fiber. My recipe used 2/3 of a sheet, so it is a bit higher, but still low carb.

I buy mine at the Deli section of Walmart, but you can also order it at Netrition.
http://www26.netrition.com/josephs_bakery_lavash_bread.html