companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Prep Day

We have started to attend Church on Saturday night instead of Sunday morning when we can. I gotta say, I love having all day Sunday as my prep day. It makes things so relaxed! Right now I am listening to praise music on the radio while I am marinating my Ultra Chicken. I will cook that later today. Even though I am technically working on the Sabbath, this is a joy, because it is my ministry to my family. My friend once told me she prays for each member of the family when she folds that person's clothes. In a way, I am doing the same thing while I am preparing their food.

As soon as I drag myself away from this blog, I plan on making Three Little Pigs Casserole for our brunch recipe. Also on the plan for today is Flaxy Mini Muffins. I have some new flavorings I picked up while I was visiting my college boys in Arkansas, and I can't wait to try out the new flavorings. Aren't we lucky that flax muffins are so versatile? For a big challenge, I will divide the batter into fourths and make four different flavors of muffins. Much to the chagrin of some people,I'm a big fan of way overcooked campfire marshmallows. Those blackened balls of cinder and sweet have an unexplainable appeal, so the flavoring called Burnt Sugar was calling my name from the grocery shelf. I'll let you know how it turns out. By dividing my batter, I won't make a whole batch of trash bound muffins in case the flavoring doesn't produce the magically enticing muffin I am imagining. I promise to take some photos and blog about my trials when I am done.

'Til then, I've got an afternoon of kitchen fun ahead. Happy Prepping!

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

too bad the burnt sugar didn't end up with the "burnt marshmallow" flavor!