companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Who Could Miss Garlic Bread With This?



Another meal to share with the Carbies living among us. MMMmmm. Italian.

Good thing is, this whole meal was so simple to put together. First, I used Minute Beef to prepare Lisa's Sweet Sauce from the Freezer Favorites. Set that to simmer while the rest of the meal is prepared. Now what to put that sweet sauce over. The boys got spaghetti noodles, but that's not for us.

Usually, I serve this with sauteed zucchini, but this time I knew I would be making garlic toast for the young guys. No matter how much I like zucchini, it cannot match that aroma of garlic and butter wafting through the air. So I went to my favorite Low Carb chef, George Stella. He has a recipe called "Bald Calzone" that is so rich, so cheesy, so good. I knew that would knock out that lust for garlic toast. If you want that recipe, get his book. While not a true calzone, this recipe is full of ricotta, mozzerella, and garlic. It is easy to put together too.

While that was baking, I slathered garlic butter on rolls for the guys and set the table with my premade salad. That was easy. The house smelled wonderful, and got my houseful of teenage guys hanging much closer to the kitchen!

The dinner was a hit. They even went back for seconds. Men really seem to like a spaghetti sauce that is thick with ground beef and is sweet too. I have never met a man who didn't love my sauce. Go ahead and give it a try. With all the garlic, herbs and melted cheese, who wants garlic toast?

No comments: