companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Green Chile Sausage Puff


With a wonderful day off from cooking for my anniversary, I am ready to jump back into cooking for my prep day. We had a delicious meal last night after church to celebrate 23 years, but I did forget my camera. I still do think I will try to duplicate that Mexican Grill sometime soon.

I played around a bit today with my breakfast casserole for the week. I was hoping to find something with a little less egg since they have been bothering my stomach more lately. This is pretty good, especially if you like green chiles. I do. I doubled the recipe and made one to freeze for later.

Green Chile Sausage Puff

4 eggs
8 ounces cream cheese
1 pound sausage
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Carbquick or any low carb flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounce can of green chiles
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup shredded Jack cheese

Brown sausage and drain. Save a bit of the drippings to grease the casserole dish. In a medium bowl, mix eggs,cream cheese, and cream until well blended. Add the salt, baking powder and Carbquick and mix until smooth. Stir in the sausage, cheese and chiles by hand. Pour this mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake about 30 minutes at 350 degrees until the center is puffed and set and the top is golden brown.


Just took the Cheesecake Muffins out of the oven. These are flavored with the Capella drops strawberries and cream flavor. I haven't tried them yet, but the batter tasted good. Happy to have those done. I still need to make a Steakhouse Special Dump, assemble our salad, and grill the Chinese Chicken that is our Triple Play recipe this week. I'll wait until later tonight to grill that so the chicken can marinate all day. Oh yeah, I also need to work on the newsletter for September. Brown baggers will love the featured recipes and cool ideas for low carb meals on the go. If you have a favorite lunchbox idea, send it to me and I'll share it in the newsletter.

1 comment:

Retta said...

I finally got around to making this for my carb-loving hubbie...he LOVED it (I didn't mention it was good for him, ha ha) and even asked to have it again some time. I added some green onions and a bit of onion, too, per his preferences.
It is soooo good!
Thanks,
Loretta