companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Strawberry Slushy


I have long been a devotee of Sonic's Lemonberry Fresh Fruit Slushes. Kills me that they are full of sugar. Last night, while hiding out from the trick or treaters at my mom's house, we played with her new kitchen gadget. A Ninja Master Prep blender/ processor. I made a treat that rivals my formerly favorite slush drink, and it is legal.

The Ninja is a neat blender because it has two sets of blades. That does a fantastic job of really chopping the ice finely. We even made soft serve ice cream with it just using frozen strawberries and milk cubes. If it was just for us low carbers, I would have used a water/cream mixture rather than the milk. This little machine sure did the trick, though. It costs a lot less than the Vita Mix machine I always drool over. The ice cream is always what won me over, and you can do that with this machine.

Here is the super easy drink. We all liked it, and Diet Rite has no aspartame. This is two large servings or three small ones.

Strawberry Slushy

5-7 frozen strawberries
1 can Diet Rite white grape soda
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Combine everything in a blender and process until smooth. Serve immediately.


I'd offer a photo, but ours looked just like the picture above!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Yummy! Thanks for the idea! I would have never tried putting a carbonated beverage in the machine for fear of an explosion, so I'm glad to know you could do it. Looks like I may have to trade in my bullet for a ninja (I saw them a few weeks ago on qvc, and it looked WAY cool!)