companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Family Food



I am so glad we got to spend the fourth together as a family. As usual, we had some good food and watched beautiful fireworks.

This year's lunch centered on the all American dog. I made up several flavored mustards to make our pups more interesting. I already posted the Smokey the Bear mustard--that was hubby's favorite. I also made a chili dog flavor, and a cajun-style. We already had some southwest mustard and some Nathan's Deli style.

We also had some chili dog sauce, some baked black soy beans, fresh vegetables and dip, and a big bowl of cut cantaloupe and raspberries.



For dessert, I made raspberry cheesecake shots. (that is what became of those refrozen berries left from my son's bleeding lip) I made a special one without pecans for my nut hater son, and the rest got the pecan meal and flax blend. They were really cute, especially with the patriotic stars I added to the dessert glasses.


Now the holiday is over, and with it being Sunday, I am prepping for the week. I have Turkey Red Sauce bubbling away in the crockpot, and some Mega Meatballs in the oven. I still need to get in there and wash all my salad greens, and I also plan to make a batch of English Toffee Cheesecake Muffins. Guess I had best get away from the computer and back to the kitchen. I can spend way too much time on my laptop!

No comments: