companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Carnitas from the Freezer


I was out shopping all day today. Didn't buy a thing except some protein powder. Yes, life is pretty exciting. But still, I was tired, and not much interested in playing around in the kitchen. So glad I had Pork Carnitas in the freezer. All I had to do was warm them up. I had just enough energy to whip up a batch of individual cheese pizza crusts which double as sandwich bases. The recipe is in the e-book. It is versatile in that one batch can be used for pizzas one meal and open faced sandwiches another meal. The taste is light and cheesy and goes with so many things. Now I will have enough crusts to make mini pizzas next week.

To assemble the Carnitas tonight, I simply added the shredded meat to my crust, then topped it with onion and sour cream. I added a bit of hot sauce to mine because I like a little extra heat. A simple green salad on the side and we were good to go.

Tomorrow is prep day. After that, I hope to get some time to experiment with the new baking stone I got from Pampered Chef. This one fits in the toaster oven. That should be a great benefit in these hot summer days. I would much rather heat that small oven rather than the big one.

No comments: