companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, July 17, 2009

Pressure Cooker Cacciatore


Summer is a great time to use a pressure cooker. Before we low carbed, I used mine all the time to cook beans. Now, I really need to get busy developing some low carb recipes for my pressure cooker. It certainly saves time, and keep me from having to heat up the oven. In many recipes, the meat is so tender cooked under pressure as well.

Tonight, I made Chicken Cacciatore. Talk about easy. Just throw in some frozen chicken thighs, a can of Italian diced tomatoes, some black olives and some extra garlic and Italian seasoning blend. I didn't measure; I just dumped. I did add a cup of water to provide the steaming action needed for pressure. After bringing my cooker up to full pressure, I cooked it for 25 minutes. The chicken was tender and nearly fell off the bones.

To complete the meal, I used a frozen portion of Bald Calzone. Everybody loves that at my house!

I am saving the leftover broth for some Italian Chicken soup I will be able to make with "Freezer Favorite" Chicken Cubes. But that's another meal, another day. It is amazing how having at least one portion of the meal prepped in advance saves so much time. That is why I love my 24/7 Diner System.

1 comment:

LindaCC said...

Please...Please do come up with more pressure cooker recipes. I too love to use mine, and have not in sometime. I live in the desert, so at 115 degrees right now, I would love to break it out again.
ps...My husband and I thank you for all the great recipes. I am having the time of my life working the system.