companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, July 20, 2009

Vanilla Butter Nut Minute Muffin


I have a new favorite Minute Muffin. If you remember pound cake with strawberry sauce, this is it! Yesterday I picked up a bottle of McCormick Vanilla Butter and Nut flavoring that I spotted at Big Lots. Now I am going to go back and buy some more. The flavor is wonderful!

I decided to try it in Minute Muffins this morning rather than make, and possibly not like, an entire batch of muffins. John and I both loved them, especially paired with some Smucker's Sugarfree Strawberry Preserves. They are so good, they could even be dessert. Granted, Minute Muffins are not the prettiest, but this flavoring would do well in any muffin recipe. I think I will add it to the In a Jam Muffins to jazz them up. Hope you can find this in your area.

Vanilla Butter Nut Minute Muffin

2 Tablespoons flax meal
2 Tablespoons almond meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1 scant capful of flavoring
1/8-1/4 cup sweetener or equivalent
1 Tablespoon coconut oil or melted butter

Mix dry ingredients in a mug. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Microwave for one minute (I need ten seconds more, as microwaves will vary). Turn out of cup, slice in half and top with a teaspoon of sugar free strawberry preserves.
Serves 1-2

1 comment:

Faustess said...

Just have to say that this is my current favorite minute muffin! :) I've made it with regular vanilla too & then added a few chocolate chips (sweetened with stevia) & that comes out so close to a chocolate chip muffin! :) Delicious!