companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, July 24, 2009

Chicken Paprikash


This is my last experiment with pressure cooker recipes for a while. This chicken dish has a short list of ingredients and is fairly simple to make. It was a bit bland for my tastes, but the guys seemed to like it.

I used frozen bone in chicken thighs. Next time I think I would try boneless because the step of removing the bone and skin from the broth was more time consuming than I would prefer--especially in the summer. It wasn't too bad, though, because the pressure makes the meat very tender. Still, this is perfect comfort food for my northerner hubby. With a big grin on his face, he asked how I knew he was in the mood for chicken. Well, that is easy. He is always in the mood for chicken!

Pressure Cooker Chicken Paprikash

4 pounds chicken thighs
1 can chicken broth
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon garlic powder
3 Tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
8 ounces sour cream
1 pound cauliflower, steamed

Add all ingredients to the pressure cooker. Bring up to full pressure and cook for 20 minutes. Release the pressure. Remove the chicken. Discard the skin and bones and set meat aside. Stir in the xanthan gum. Slowly stir in the sour cream. Add chicken back to sauce. Serve over steamed cauliflower.


My friend NeeCee came over today and I helped her and her kiddos assemble all the necessary items to pack bento lunches for the upcoming school year. Hopefully, I will have some photos to show from our lunch hours!

4 comments:

LindaCC said...

Looks like something my crew would like.....What size can Chicken Broth? It looks like it would be more than just the 15 oz. if you feed several people...
Thanks

Lisa Marshall said...

Mine is just a standard 14.5 ounce can. It was very soupy with just that. I may have gotten a bit more juice because my chicken was frozen. That kind always produces extra moisture.

Lisa

LindaCC said...

Is this made with cream cheese AND sour cream?? The recipe says cream cheese, but later in the instructions it says sour cream.

Lisa Marshall said...

My bad--It is sour cream, not cream cheese. I'll update the post to show that.